duminică, iunie 30, 2013

A glimpse of the past: Worlds in Nice, 2012. Men's Short Program - 30 March. Photo souvenirs.

This is a long title, I know. I had to use it though; cause I'm a year and a half late with posting the pictures from the last two days of the competition in Nice: 30 and 31 March. In other words: Men's Short Program, Pairs Free Program, Men's Free Program, Women's Free Program. I'm glad you've been so patient with me; I couldn't ask for a better audience of this blog :).

Let's start with 30 March - Men's Short. I'm sure you all know the results by now. And I have told you the story as it happened, at the end of March 2012; you can re-read it, but only if you know Romanian (for the rest of you, there's Google Translate option):


As for the pictures of that day, Daisuke Takahashi is the star. Of course, he was third after SP in Nice, but, all in all, he has an unbelievable sense of the music. He is the music. Here's a quote of him from that 30th of March:

“I didn’t feel pressure before the competition, but right before the six minute warm-up today, all of a sudden my legs started shaking and I felt very nervous. However, the audience got into my music and pushed me through.” 

As a part of the audience, I'm glad I (and everyone else) pushed him through. His Garden of Souls is a masterpiece.
Photo-story of the day:

Daisuke's fans.
Adam.
Six minute warm-up. I don't know what to say about his shaky legs, but he did seem preoccupied, that's for sure.

Of course, you won't find here actual pictures from Daisuke's routine; I was too preoccupied with him and his performance; didn't want to miss a thing. But I did captured the Japanese flags in the arena; some of them surrounding me. I felt that I was in the right place then - so thank you for that.



 Here's that memorable Garden of Souls:



And here's the rest of the stories of those World Figure Skating Chanmpionships in Nice, in 2012:
And the stories from Nice-2012 are not over yet: there are still pictures and videos to come... 
Be sure you'll visit my blog again :). 
And, of course, an website fully dedicated to figure skating is the next step. 

Niciun comentariu: